Tuesday, December 26, 2023

What Day Is It?! - 11.28.2023

The week flew by again and I can't tell if I've been out for 1 day or 2 years. Anyways we've been consistently finding 20+ people each week and overall have been teaching pretty good lessons (as long as it's the restoration lesson, it's the only one I actually have down at this point). We still have 3 people on date for baptism, there's another 5 or 6 that could be but they aren't quite ready yet. Anywhooom had an exchange this week with one of the ZL's and I learned that I don't have to baptize every single person in Pagosa TODAY (which is how I've been acting and feeling) Instead I can do it this week :) I've also been trying to match my pace with my comps and that seems to work pretty well for both unity and effectiveness. Moving on to.... This week's cool facts: It snowed this week. Another cool fact that happened this week, my mtc companion found an Eve to his Adam (not the best analogy, but he found a daughter of God if you get my drift). ANYWHOOOM that's now MY 2 year mission goal... to find my future forever friend. I'm setting apart my "ETERNAL" preparation days to accomplish this goal. By applying the unreleased chapter 14 of Preach My Gospel: "flirt to convert" I think it's very doable through steadfast faith and fervent prayer and fasting. Just kidding my hearts on lockdown for the next 2 years. Sorry sistas Okay team... spiritual thought time: I'd like to talk about promised blessings found in the scriptures. I'd like to start by sharing 2 verses that have a promise that I personally desire: D&C 121:45,46 says: 45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven. 46 The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of righteousness and truth; and thy dominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever. There are two requirements mentioned in this scripture for these promised blessings. The first, is charity. The second is to garnish thoughts with virtue, which in my mind, seems very similar to thinking celestial. I greatly desire the promised blessings in these 2 verses. I have been practicing virtuous thoughts and praying for the gift of charity daily in an attempt to obtain them. I know that as I continue throughout life to fulfill the necessary requirements for these blessings, that a day will come, whether in this life or the next, where His promises will be fulfilled. I promise that as you prayerfully study the scriptures and words of prophets, you will find promises that God extends to you. I further declare that these promises will be fulfilled, by God, through our consistent, daily efforts to meet those requirements. As we do this, and seek to apply the atonement where we falter, we grow closer to, and become more like, Jesus Christ. I leave this email with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. Cool pics Me and comp, I beat the plan of salvation, me and my companion being exalted because I put my screen protector on upside down and it covers the camera, also my toes were cold thats why im not happy, I found a cool reindeer hat thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment