Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Press Onward, Onward with a Hope in Christ - 11.20.2023

Hello, First things first, you and I are children of God, he knows and loves us. In fact, He loves us so much that he sent His Only Begotten Son, to die for us, that through Him, we might be saved. ----- It's an interesting time here in Pagosa. Lots of people are moving out and lots more are moving in (half the population leaves for the winter, the other half comes in to ski). I don't have any cool stories this week other than... My MTC companion and I were REAL MISSION COMPANIONS. We had a transfer and Elder Osberg and I worked in Pagosa, found 10 people and taught a lot of good lessons and put someone on date for baptism (almost). He didn't accept the invitation, but his response, in my mind, was better than yes. He said he wasn't ready now but he would when he was ready. Also we hid the food and filled the cupboards with chastity and word of wisdom pamphlets. It was supposed to be a prank for Elder Osberg but he got to the apartment early so I'm afraid he knew about it. Major buzz kill. ----- I most admire the people we visit. As we visit and find more and more people I'm reminded of an ancient prayer I first heard in a talk by Hugh B. Brown that goes: From the cowardice that shrinks from new truth, From the laziness that is content with half-truths, From the arrogance that thinks it knows all truth, O God of Truth, deliver us. I often wonder if I, in their place, would have the courage to hear the words of a stranger, relying on a being i cant see, whose voice and presence is quiet as a whisper, to confirm truth to me. And even now, back in my own shoes, what words could I give that would express what I know and love? I only hope the expression and phrase, "I love my savior," will work alright. ----- I know my savior lives. I leave this email with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. --- The one picture of me and Elder osberg cropped out to be just the two of us from another picture because we don't take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment