Tuesday, January 2, 2024

See others the way God sees them ...

I know a few men who know so much about the gospel and doctrine, or about other spiritual philosophies and schools of thought that he might just be able to lay out the entire universe and the plans throughout time, but often withhold help to others in need. I know a mother who drowns her sorrows in alcohol who sees so little in herself and wont take hold of any bit hope when it comes, as well as a daughter who reaps the consequences. I know a fireman. Who goes out and chops his own wood and makes sure he has enough for a few others who won't have enough. Who sees a man he has never known or seen before and loves him all the same. A poet once wrote: "I met a stranger in the night, whose lamp had ceased to shine; I paused and let him light his lamp from mine. A tempest sprang up later on, and shook the world about, And when the wind was gone, my lamp was out. But back came to me the stranger—his lamp was glowing fine; He held the precious flame and lighted mine" My invitation to you, as well as to myself, is to see Christ in every face you encounter. No matter who they are. And let your light shine to them. - President Monson's talk in 1999 -"For I was blind but now I see"

No comments:

Post a Comment