Monday, May 20, 2024

Yah'at'eh from the mission field -

Yah'at'eh everybody. Transfers have come around again and.... I'm gone. Left Lupton now in Grants, probably one of the most ghetto parts of new mexico beaten only by places like albuqurque which aparently has its own dmz. But atleast the members feed us. I will tell you that i have never missed a place more in my life than i miss lupton. More than back in idaho tbh. I absolutely loved it there. I loved the people and the native traditions so much. Wish i couldve learned more and done a little better while i was there. I think the reason for that is everyone i met i felt like they were either my moms, dads, brothers or sisters. I loved them a lot. I like grants a lot though. Lots of hard things happen and most of the natives ive met thus far are pretty well influenced by the city. Seem far from the traditions and their language which is sad. On a slightly brighter note, theres no more yannies (skin walkers), but in there place are a lot (and i mean a lot) of heroin and cocaine addicts. People are tweaking left right front and center. Makes me miss the yannies. It'll be good to try to help out at some of the local arp meetings though. Also my new companion is Elder Palmer, he's awesome. He has been in grants for 9 months, hasnt been anywhere else. Has had a lot of rough companions but hes great. We are doing a lot of work and having fun while we do it. For example we were going house to house and saw some pickup ball off in the distance and decided to slide on over there. Broke a few of their ankles and got to teach them a bit about god and jesus christ. They are awesome and they invited us to an open gym where we'll get to talk with them again. But anyways back to some mourning and reflection. I was at church the other day and all icould think about was lupton. Miss the branch quite a bit. Everyone i met was so good to us too. Not that the people here arent, just that was home to me. Im doing my best to make grants home too. Ive already met a lot of cool people. Like this one lady named veronica is just like my mom. She's got bright reddish pink hair and is just so ecstatic. Its awesome. We had a dinner with this lady named emma and her son joey and, ive never laughed so much in my life. They were just dogging on some of the çrazy things theyve seen and it was hilarious. Weve also been able to teach a lot of really great lessons and i hope theyve helped the people out here. Im still learning how to best serve those around me. It doesnt always work out but im trying real hard. Its been really cool to see people change as they come to know the savior in whatever ways they can, my favorites are the small and simple changes in peoples faces when they hear and feel that God loves them and especially when they hear it from Him and by the holy ghost. Also weve got the nicest private gym ive ever seen which is awesome. And everybody out here is a redneck or a hillbilly which is also kinda cool.
Lots of shootings too and bad juju goes on but its been cool to see people bring themselves out and away from those things as they try to follow the savior. Anyways heres some flics, theres more on the google photos album, check it out here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jAPpvo7unpJxF3Ph9

No comments:

Post a Comment