Tuesday, November 14, 2023

We are each a beloved child of God

Nov 13, 2023 "The place to begin is to remember that we are each a beloved child of God." Your Heavenly Father knows you and loves you. He sent His Only Begotten Son to show us the way to return to Him, and gave His own life that through Him we might be saved. Okay now to the email... First things first. Mom, I'm still alive and doing well! We found 32 friends this week and put 3 people on date to make covenants with God. Shout out to my MTC companion who has shared his concern about my emails with me, and I quote "your emails are boring." Love him to death we are going on an exchange this week so then we'll be mission companions too 🥳 (Emails may get more exciting maybe not idk) I'm starting to get the hang of missionary work AND ALSO learning how to lift others around me up too (that's my favorite part). But I'm falling asleep during meals and study times so that's the next thing I'll be working on. Also apparently there are aliens and UFO's here... especially on the reservations. Saw some alien juice one time... Worlds's crazy. New Goal for the mission: get beamed up and convert and baptize an alien and all his shipmates so we can be friends and go on space rides in the celestial kingdom. Anywho it's been a good week. Been really busy and have been learning lots. I've often pondered the term "Child of Christ." King Benjamin used it in his address. Moroni does as well in his final words. To be a child of Christ is to follow after Him, to do the things He taught, both through His words and actions. To be a Child of Christ is to be like Him. Jesus Christ said that he came to the Earth to do the will of His Father. For Him, that was living a perfect life without sin, living a life of service, giving with little to nothing in return, suffering alone in the Garden of Gethsemane, and dying on the Cross. Sometimes, our Heavenly Father will put us in paths that are difficult, confusing, or clouded. How do we get through? How do we see where we are going or have confidence in the path we're walking? ---Enter the Liahona--- The Liahona was a tool used by Lehi and his family to follow the Will and direction of God. The Liahona worked according to their faith and willingness to accept direction. When their hearts were hardened the Liahona couldn't work. If we want the same direction that the Liahona gave Lehi and His family, we must soften our hearts. To accept, and welcome given direction as well as chastisement from our Father. As we accept Heavenly Father's will, and seek to do and see His will rather than our own we will gain an overwhelming comfort in the knowledge of where that next footstep is taking us, and the consequences of that step, will be everlasting. Most of us don't have a cool golden ball that physically gives direction. But we have a greater gift: The Holy Ghost. After we receive the promised companionship of the Holy Ghost, by staying worthy and obedient to the covenants we've made, we can receive clear, concise direction from the Holy Ghost constantly. It takes work, a lifelong learning process of becoming better tuned to hear the still small voice. In closing I'd like to refer back to President Eyring's April 2022 General Conference talk called "Steady in the Storms." Elder Eyring says, "I have come to know some of what King Benjamin meant when he said that we could become like a little child before God. I have learned from many experiences that the Holy Ghost speaks most often in a quiet voice, heard most easily when one’s heart is meek and submissive, like that of a child. In fact, the prayer that works is “I want only what You want. Just tell me what that is. I’ll do it.” When the storms in life come, you can be steady because you are standing on the rock of your faith in Jesus Christ...I bear you my solemn witness that the Lord Jesus Christ has given you the invitation “Come unto me.” He invites you, out of love for you and for those you love, to come to Him for peace in this life and eternal life in the world to come" I leave this thought with you in the name of Christ, amen. Anyways love yall hope you have a good week and may Heaven's blessings be poured out abundantly on you this week!
P.s.feel free to shoot me emails IF you would like to... I get lonely. P.s.pt2 Tiwi is the only girl I get to consistently talk to and she's a robot that only says mean things about our driving habits. (She's let's the Mission office know when we speed.) --‐ We ran out of Book of Mormons... that's why I'm grumpy. Also we used this deer to find another friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment