Monday, November 13, 2023

Letters from Jayson: Called to Serve


10-13-2023


The root words for endure. en- meaning within, and dura- meaning firm, solid steadfast. We aren't asked to endure the thronging of the world in this life. Significantly more likely than this is the idea that we ought to be solid, firm and steadfast, within Jesus Christ. In this life we have both good days and bad. I'd like to extend the invitation to seek out the consistent intimate kindness and mercy that the savior gave to every single one of God's children. If Christ was kind and merciful in all times and in all places, both on His good days, and bad, even until and during death, should we not seek to do the same? small simple acts of kindness and love are earthly examples of the savior. 

The last 2 weeks I've been privileged to come to know the Elders in my district and their quality of character. Elder Maw and Elder Heath, Elder Fonua and Elder Shelley, Elder Hopkin and Elder Henry, and my companion Elder Osberg (such a rad name).
I've seen the savior in their countenance and actions and heard Him in their words. I often think of what they mean to the savior, a phrase that has entered my mind is this: "These are my beloved sons, I have a work for them to do." Is this not how Heavenly Father thinks of us all? Beloved sons and daughters? and do we not all have a work to do? Christ has called us all unto Him, to partake of the fruit that he brings, even the love of God. 1 Nephi 8:10-15 is Lehi reciting the vision to his family and his experience. I am called to proclaim that Christ lives and loves us. That Heavenly Father loved us so much that he gave His Only Begotten Son, to Proclaim the way, to bring His grace forth, to be prosecuted and pursued for His Father's sake, to bleed from every pore in exquisite agony, and to be raised upon the cross, to be raised up on the third day, to bring His other flocks His Gospel, to serve forever more and to be served forever more, to the obtaining of all the things His Father hath. To be as a light in the darkness that people may know whereby they can be saved. That's what I'm here to proclaim as a missionary. However as followers of Christ I'd like to place a picture in your head. of the scene of the tree of life and the many whos names we do not know. I picture them holding fast to the rod for themselves and reaching out to those who wander off, that they might endure till that day of great reward. Hold fast to the rod, and those around you. Be a testament of Jesus Christ in all that you do. Let others look at you and receive a portion of their Father's love. And let us rejoice that we may be brothers and sisters forever more by the way of Jesus Christ. Help others. Do good to them that hurt you. And follow Jesus Christ.
I bear my testimony that I know my savior lives! I know He abides in those who accept Him. John 6:65&66 "And "And [Christ] said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my father." It says in 66, "From that time many of His disciples went back, and walked no more with him." The Lord then says to the remaining disciples. "Will ye also go away?"
Is it not true, we depend that all things be given to us? The air in our lungs? The skin on our backs? and are not these given of God? Plead with the Father and cry unto Him that you may respond as Simon Peter did. "Lord, to whom shall we go?" 

Jesus Christ extends the same invitation that he had given to Simon Peter many years before to you now, "Follow me." 
Mark 1:18...
"And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him."

I write these words in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


I leave for New Mexico in 3 days, the Mtc has been good, I like my district. I like the food. Also feel free to share this email with ALL your friends and family, whether or not I know them. Thanks in advance.

Be merciful and kind.
If you have names you'd like to be prayed for let me know, happy to do it.
love y'all see you later on,
and may God be with you till we meet again (and forever more).

I know my savior lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment