Monday, November 13, 2023

Letters from Elder Langford: David and Goliath



Oct 23, 2023


 I'm not quite sure what I want to say in this email but I was thinking about david and goliath. Sometimes we just need courage to do hard things and that's just how it is. Prayerful courage specifically. I mainly say that because I missed a few prompting that I didn't recognize till after the opportunity... not happy with myself about that.


Anyways I've been thinking about the 1st and 2nd great commandments. Firstly, it can be hard to obey the Holy Ghost if your only living the 2nd great commandment. I learned that this week... Secondly, living the 1st great commandment, and prioritizing that over the 2nd actually better fulfills the second commandment than whatever I think loving my neighbor should look like. 
What I'm trying to say is I'm learning to follow Christ. Or trying to... I'll be able to say in 2 years whether or not i better learned. Actually I've better learned in the last 2 weeks.

People need to hear of Christ. I dont know if I'll meet anyone who will accept or try to follow the invitation to follow christ (finding has been real low) but they do need to hear about him. Even if it's just mentioning his name and acting as he would act, doing as he would do.

I know that as we grow closer to Christ we invite those around us to do the same. He knows what you and I need and He will help us along the straight and narrow path that we are asked to walk. In fact he walks it with us, goes before us, and supports behind us. I would invite you all to consider the vision of the tree of life, and the blessings you've seen as you've partook of Christ, who is the love of God.

Anyways I love you all and I'm trying real hard. Or trying to try real hard. Anyways I love the people here and I love Jesus Christ.
He is my Savior and Redeemer and I hope to be like Him someday. 

I leave this email with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Langford

No comments:

Post a Comment